I LOVE TERRARIUMS!
Why do I love them so much? I think they are just magical! The idea of creating a self-sustaining garden in a container, with little or no maintenance, is what inspired me to make them.
Since I am a huge fan of these mini eco-systems, I have made this fun and easy, step by step Video tutorial on how to build and maintain these tiny gardens of green. It's a simple, rewarding activity, and once you learn the basics, there's no limit to how much you can customize it with your favourite knick knacks!
- Glass bowl or jar – make sure the opening is wide enough so you can slip your hand in and out easily.
- Potting Mix – easily available in any garden store. [ Available at - http://www.amazon.in/MahaGros-All-Purpose-Premium-Potting/dp/B00UASPA2A/ref=pd_cp_201_1/280-1108478-5596624?ie=UTF8&refRID=1FMG3XYZ8B81GR5CRS8Y ]
- Pebbles – Different sizes and colours [any aquarium store or http://www.amazon.in/Tile-Italia-Pebbles-Polished-Colour/dp/B00VV6FAF2/ref=sr_1_23?s=kitchen&ie=UTF8&qid=1441176696&sr=1-23&keywords=pebbles+stones ]
- Succulents or any shade loving plants – [Garden nurseries or http://nurserylive.com/buy-cactus-succulents-plants-online-in-india]
- Paintbrush - [available at any stationary or http://www.amazon.in/Faber-Castell-Paint-Brush-Pony-Flat/dp/B00LY294PA/ref=sr_1_8?ie=UTF8&qid=1441176879&sr=8-8&keywords=paint+brush ]
- Tissue Paper
- Water spray
- Knick knacks [this is what gives the experience of building a terrarium truly unique. Available at toy stores or curio stores ]